YOU MAY BE SURPRISED AT HOW
CANADA REGARDS THIS BABY.
- Did you know Canadian law says a child is not a human being before the moment of complete birth?
- A child has no human rights until its entire body has emerged from its mother’s body.
- This law was developed by judges over 400 years ago when medical science knew nothing about the development of children in the womb.
- Does this make sense in the 21st century, when doctors can see a child’s heart beat—and even operate on a child—long before birth?
- Will Parliament refuse to accept this or any law that says some human beings are not human? That’s up to you! Read on to find out how you can make your voice heard.
Tell your MP you want Parliament to support a fact-based and respectful dialogue. You can find your MP’s name and contact information by entering your postal code at www.elections.ca
Circulate a petition. Give your petition containing 25 or more valid signatures to your MP and request that it be read in Parliament. One can be downloaded here along with other resources to help raise awareness in your community.
“But what about the woman’s rights?”
It’s an important question.
Let us first consider that no person’s rights have ever been made more secure by denying fundamental human rights to another.
Compassion for the woman.
Compassion for her child.
Why can’t we have both?
Please note: The purpose of this site is to encourage fact-based, respectful debate regarding Canada’s current definition of “human being”. The moderator is a concerned citizen who has no ties to any political party.
Both agreeing and dissenting voices are invited to enter into debate on this site, but comments will be published only if they meet the following criteria:
- Please write respectfully and sensitively.
- Please try to keep to the subject at hand. If you do not understand what is being discussed, don’t assume. Please ask.
- Please be inclusive. This is not a religious issue. People of all belief systems can agree or disagree with Canada’s law—based on observable data. Writing about your personal religious beliefs only detracts from the salient points you may have to make.
If your comment has not been published within five days, please be encouraged to edit what you wrote and re-submit. Thank you!